Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Random Thoughts

I wasn't going to write until after Christmas break but after finishing our Christmas shopping yesterday I just can't resist.

I detest shopping-don't mind buying but don't want to waste anytime looking. I usually go to the first store employee I see and ask if they have the item, if not out I go.

When I go with my wife, of which I did yesterday, the mere thought of going to JoAnn's or Hancock Fabrics almost makes me physically ill. Then you throw in Wal-Mart and my patience level and aimlessly walking around is more than I can take.

We had to go to Oak Park Mall in Overland Park, Ks. yesterday which is a suburb of Kansas City, and guess what we weren't the only ones there. Now I am realist about myself I'm a short, fat, middle-aged man that will never make People magazine list of 100 sexiest men alive. Hell, if they have a 100,000,000 list I would be questionable in making that. But good gracious, do some of these people not own a mirror, there were some strange looking cats hangin' at the mall. Maybe I just need to get out more, refer to earlier paragraphs.

Just a few things I noticed-your drawers should come over your butt cheeks, the bill of a hat goes in front, exactly how long does it take to put your hair in the 12 inch spikes or to dangle in front of your face so you can't see a thing? Is the middle of December really tank top and short weather?

The other thing I enjoy is going into the stores where they want to see your bank statement prior to entering. I really have fun with these employees, I usually get away from my wife, then ask a meaningless question, and wipe my nose with my sleeve, just to let them know what us common folks are like.

Sometimes I annoy my wife when she takes me out in public, but if I'm going to waste a day shopping I'm going to have fun. Have a great Christmas and Happy New Year and its a year before I have to go back to the mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment