Sunday, January 2, 2011

Random Thoughts

Several items as we get prepared to resume the school year next week, I had a good Christmas break and trust each of you did also.

The commercials during bowl month intrigue me, especially the ones about the two schools playing and what they look like and stand for. When are they going to show the real school, such as frat guys throwing up in bushes and students sleeping in and missing class. I'm guessing that won't happen.

The Ohio State president's comments on Boise State and TCU being in the hunt for BCS games stating they didn't deserve a shot since their conferences are not strong. My guess is Boise and TCU will play Ohio St. at any time, so jump on them big boy. Do you think the commercial for Ohio State would feature students selling things to get a discount on a tatoo?

Which brings us to another NCAA contradiction, student-athletes cannot receive any kind of entitlement form anyone, however, they all receive a gift bag from their respective bowl reps. The bigger the bowl the bigger the gift bag, mind explaining that?

Congrats to the UConn women's basketball team 90 in a row is a major accomplishment and truly unbelievable feat. They did not replace UCLA in my opinion, one is the men's record and one is the women's record, they are separate. If they weren't we would play one tournament and not two, that said it doesn't diminish what they did at all.

The California flooding was horrendous and very well covered by the news. Wait until spring and you will see a repeat in the midwest somewhere, hope it receives the same coverage.

New Years resolutions are an interesting item and who ever came up with this tradition anyway? They are basically the same for most people and will last a short time, then we go back to our previous behavior. That just human nature. I quit doing them because I don't like lying to myself. Well that answers the question of where they came from, if lying is involved I'm sure the US Congress invented them.

Ok the media is all over the Big 10 because of yesterday's games. I'm betting the Iowa and Illinois fans don't care, both beat Big 12 schools, and I know I don't care as long as the Sooners won of which they did to get the BCS Monkey off their back. It will be a good year.

1 comment:

  1. I am putting together a list of the top 100 administrator/superintendent blogs and your site was recommended by another blogger on my list. I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions so I could include more information about you and your blog in my article. Please e-mail me at alexisbrett@gmail.com and include the title of your blog in the e-mail, if you have any questions please let me know and I will be happy to answer them.

    ReplyDelete